SALMON BEAN BURGERS
These burgers are really easy to make - and a fantastic healthy lunch or snack option. Salmon is an extremely nutrient dense fish & something we should all try to include in our diets. For this recipe, I suggest using tinned wild alaskan, responsibly sourced, salmon. Keep the bones in the mix for added calcium. As always they are nicest when fresh, but keep well for 4/5 days in an air tight container in the fridge & reheat well in the oven. They also work well as a cold addition to a salad. As always, tag me in your recreations!
Approx 200g Tinned Salmon
240g (Drained Weight) Red Kidney Beans
2 Finely Chopped Spring Onions
40g Feta Cheese
2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. each of:
Olives & Basil would work well in these too, to add a more Mediterranean feel!
Recipe Yields: 4 Large Burgers
147 Cals, C7, F4, P16
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius
- In a large bowl mash together the salmon & kidney beans very well. Try ensure each bean gets mashed.
- Mix in the egg, spring onion, cheese & herbs/seasoning.
- Roll into 4 large burgers (or you may make smaller mini burgers)
- Fry these lightly in the oil for about 10 mins total. Enough so that the burgers can be flipped & cooked a little on both sides.
- Place on non stick parchment paper & bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Best consumed when slightly warm & fresh, and tasty with some hummus or mayonnaise!